Mar 6th, 2020
Eric Upchurch is an Army Special Operations veteran who grew up in Central Iowa before attending college in California. He has a passion for educating the military community on how to create long term wealth through real estate investing, while personally investing across the country for the last fourteen years. Eric serves as COO and Co-Founder of Active Duty Passive Income (ADPI) and is a Senior Managing Partner with ADPI Capital. Most recently, Eric’s team has opened a nationwide, first-of-its-kind 100% Employee-owned mortgage branch, RE brokerage, as well as an insurance company–all to serve the ADPI community of military real estate investors.
- Read Rich Dad, Poor Dad, got into a tax lien program. Decided tax liens were boring and went to a 3-day multifamily boot camp with Rod Khleif and Eric was hooked.
- In 2012 he started reading and listening to podcasts. Getting into real estate via trial and error.
- You cannot do multifamily real estate investing on your own. You have to have a team.
- On being an LP: you need to know what it is like to be an investor, need to have the experience.
- Recently started donating to Operation Underground Railroad and Nightstalker Association.
1. What is the number one thing you as a new investor to get started? You need to learn, you need to network and you need to take action.
2. What is one nugget of investing knowledge you want to give us? Never invest in tax liens.
3. What is your dream? The dream is to be able to give away $1 million every year.
- Email: email@example.com