Melanie is a product of the American school system. She was taught to go to school, get good grades, get a job. She was raised to have an employee mindset--work a job with pension, put away money into a 401k or IRA, and live within your means. The "purple book" changed her life completely. Robert Kiyosaki's book, Rich Dad, Poor Dad changed the way she thought about money. It took her about three years of non-stop learning through books, podcasts, webinars, and even a guru training program to give her the confidence that she could walk away from a steady federal job to follow the path of passive income through real estate. She eased into full-time real estate as a real estate agent and quickly found a niche in helping investors. As she continued to learn, she started to quickly see that scaling to apartments washer preferred route. She became a coaching student of Michael Blank and attended a number of conferences in order to learn as quickly as possible and to meet people in the field of syndication. It became clear that her interest is in investor relations and raising capital for other operator's deals. This is where she is now--transitioning from real estate agent to a full-time syndicator with her focus being capital raising.
- Started feeding on her strengths so she can survive and excel in any environment.
- Figuring out the clarity, knowing who you are and what your strengths are the biggest takeaways from her journey.
- You need to find a mentor.
- What is the number one thing you need as a new investor to get started? You need to do your part and do some learning.
- What is one nugget of investing knowledge you want to give us that you haven't already or if you want to go and go back to something you talked about? The nugget of investing knowledge, figure out your why. And make it not about you.
- What is your dream? My dream would be to have enough passive income to make me financially free and the goal was 40.
- Instagram: @freestylecapitalgroup.